MUSIC THERAPY JOB OPENING – PT to increase to FT
Posting Date: March 17, 2022
Application Deadline: n/a
Name of Position: Music Therapist – Part Time (Jackson, MI/Kalamazoo, MI)
General Summary: Harmony Garden Music Therapy Services, LLC was established in Jackson, MI in 2006. Each music therapist who works for Harmony Garden carries a diverse caseload – early childhood, special needs of all ages, mental health services, elder care, memory care, and hospice. This job position is primarily based on music therapy direct service (in person and telehealth), documentation, program development, and other relevant projects/events.
Specific Job Details: This person will start with working in Jackson, MI onsite to carry a caseload of individuals/groups/early childhood music classes. In addition, this person has the potential to also be responsible for hospice music therapy sessions in Kalamazoo, MI (and surrounding counties) – based on referrals. It is hopeful that this job would grow quickly into a full time position.
Music Therapy Direct Client Service:
• Individual and Group Music Therapy (in-person and telehealth)
• Group Music Therapy (in-person)
• Early Childhood (EC) Music for ALL children (in person and telehealth)
• Hospice Music Therapy
• Compiles and maintains an updated file for each individual, which includes attendance sheets, treatment plans, progress reports and other information pertinent to the individual’s music therapy services. Completing ALL required paperwork in a timely manner.
• Learns any and all online billing systems involved with billing and documenting Medicaid Waiver clients and medical patients.
• Attends HGMT staff meetings when requested
Program Development and Outreach:
• Music therapists may have to attend program development meetings or provide music therapy demo’s with their supervisor. HGMTS is constantly growing and new service implementation takes place regularly. It is expected that HGMTS music therapists present themselves as professional and educated on the services HGMTS provides in order to help with program development and outreach.
• Effectively acts as and collaborates as a Harmony Garden MTS team member
• Effectively communicates with HGMTS colleagues, students and families
• Is reliable, dependable, and punctual
• Is flexible and able to adapt to video work, telehealth, GoogleMeet sessions, technology, and possible video/audio editing
• Complies with HGMTS Policies and Procedures, which may involve outside trainings for contracts
• Complies with American Music Therapy Association Code of Ethics
• Bachelor’s Degree in Music Therapy or Music Therapy equivalency required
• MT-BC (Music Therapist-Board Certified)
Experience (teaching, performing, presenting, therapy):
• Clinical experience as a working MT-BC preferred, but not required. *Current MT interns may apply – however, the position needs filled by the end of 2021 and MT-BC is required to start seeing clients/patients
• MUST be a diverse and clinically competent musician (at minimum) on guitar, piano and voice
• MUST have a desire to work in private practice music therapy with a team of music therapists
Wage and Benefits:
• Wage is entry level, qualifying for an annual raise after two years with Harmony Garden
• Employees of HGMTS receive professional liability insurance, annual reimbursement for CBMT fee, an annual stipend toward CMTE courses and PTO (paid time off) as applicable.
Mail or email cover letter, resume, and copy of certification(s) to:
Harmony Garden Music Therapy Services
763 W. Franklin St.
Jackson, MI 49201
Any questions, please contact Jaime Lawrence at 517-416-1088