MUSIC THERAPY JOB OPENING
Posting Date: January 20, 2021
Application Deadline: February 5, 2021
Name of Position: Music Therapist – Part Time (Jackson, MI)
General Summary: Harmony Garden Music Therapy Services, LLC was established in Jackson, MI in 2006. Each music therapist who works for Harmony Garden carries a diverse caseload – early childhood, special needs of all ages, mental health services, elder care, memory care, and hospice. This job position is primarily based on music therapy direct service (in person and telehealth), documentation, program development, and video creation. This is a part-time job that will hopefully move toward a full time position as services increase with lifted COVID-19 restrictions. Do not apply if you are not interested in this kind of job growth.
Music Therapy Direct Client Service:
- Individual and Group Music Therapy (in person and telehealth)
- Plans, organizes, implements and evaluates music therapy interventions as part of the treatment of individuals of varying ages and ability levels to influence physical, cognitive, psychological and social changes leading to the achievement of maximum independence.
- Group Music Therapy (in person and telehealth)
- Program development and implementation of goals for groups with live music interventions, occasional music/non-music based crafts (if working in any of our day program sessions), social music games and more.
- Group music therapy sessions onsite and offsite HGMT in a variety of settings (group homes, retirement facilities, memory care units, etc)
- Early Childhood (EC) Music for ALL children (in person and telehealth)
- Will complete and follow HGMTS training for EC classes, learn curriculum and learn how to adapt and add your own repertoire to our established and successful Harmony Garden Sprouts program.
- Creatively continue to develop music interventions, which are effective in helping each person to succeed.
- Will help develop and implement curriculum for community music groups in early childhood and early elementary age groups – Kids Ukulele Club, Music and Movement, and My First Music Academy classes.
- Will aid in implementing one-time community music group events in a variety of special needs, low-income, and at-risk locations across the community
- Hospice Music Therapy (currently DC due to COVID, hope to resume when able)
- Provides music therapy in assisted living and occasional home settings for individuals with music therapy referral from hospice.
- Develops and maintains effective patient, family and facility relationships.
- Compiles and maintains an updated file for each individual, which includes attendance sheets, treatment plans, progress reports and other information pertinent to the individual’s music therapy services. Completing ALL required paperwork in a timely manner.
- Learns any and all online billing systems involved with billing and documenting Medicaid Waiver clients and medical patients.
- Attends HGMT staff meetings when requested
Program Development and Outreach:
- Music therapists may have to attend program development meetings or provide music therapy demo’s with their supervisor. HGMTS is constantly growing and new service implementation takes place regularly. It is expected that HGMTS music therapists present themselves as professional and educated on the services HGMTS provides in order to help with program development and outreach.
- Effectively acts as a Harmony Garden MTS team member
- Collaborates with HGMTS staff
- Effectively communicates with HGMTS colleagues, students and families
- Is reliable, dependable, and punctual
- Is flexible and able to adapt to video work, telehealth, GoogleMeet sessions, technology, and possible video/audio editing
- Complies with HGMTS Policies and Procedures, which may involve outside trainings for contracts
- Complies with American Music Therapy Association Code of Ethics
- Bachelor’s Degree in Music Therapy or Music Therapy equivalency required
- MT-BC (Music Therapist-Board Certified):
- Maintains MT-BC status by completing 100 hours of continuing music therapy education credits or taking the Board Certification Examination, once every 5 years
Experience (teaching, performing, presenting, therapy):
- Minimum of 2 years clinical experience in music therapy preferred but not required. *Current MT interns may apply – however, the position needs filled asap and MT-BC is required immediately
- MUST be a diverse and clinically competent musician (at minimum) on guitar, piano and voice
- MUST have a desire to work in private practice music therapy with a team of music therapists
Wage and Benefits:
- Wage based on education and experience in the field
- Employees of HGMTS receive professional liability insurance, annual reimbursement for CBMT fee, an annual stipend toward CMTE courses and PTO (paid time off) as applicable.
Mail or email cover letter, resume, and copy of certification(s) to the following no later than February 5th, 2021 to:
Harmony Garden Music Therapy Services
763 W. Franklin St.
Jackson, MI 49201
Any questions, please contact Jaime Lawrence at 517-416-1088